Last year I intermingled my irreverent and parodic based predictions with the real ones, but this year I will seperate the two. First will be the serious predictions and then we’ll have the comic relief because we are going to need it. Please feel free to add your own in the comments and join me on the radio if you would like to share them. Tuesday January 5th at 6pm ET I will be discussing these on The Freedom’s Wings Show.
1. Unemployment will see no real improvement. Juan Williams of National Public Radio believes that unemployment will recover to 8%. I hardly think so. I see the unemployment rate going up once again to a peak of 10.6% and then just leveling off. At best, the rate may drop to 10%, but that is not enough to benefit the Democrats in the 2010 election.
2. The word for the economy of 2010 will be static. I think the stock market will continue the up and down gyrations. Housing will continue to remain where it was for the latter part of 2009, which will see more foreclosures and few new home buyers. Home values I think will fall a bit as well, but nothing drastic. There will not be a Depression.
3. Something will change in the economy towards the end of the year and I believe that will be Ben Bernanke raising interest rates as inflation rears its head. This will result in Stagflation because interest rates will be up and unemployment will still be high.
4. The personal economies of the states will be the ones that will suffer. Several states will face bankruptcy and collapse and will have to turn to the federal government for loans giving the government unprecedented control over the states and a breakdown of the 10th Amendment that so many states are re-establishing. These states include: California, New York, Florida, Michigan, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Wisconsin, Arizona, Nevada and Oregon.
5. Porkulus Bill 2 will appear sometime before summer. This will also be sold as a recovery bill and I expect it will contain the term “jobs” somewhere in the title because the government continues to think that throwing federal money at the problem will solve it.
6. Debt ceiling will be reached again before summer and, yet again, the Congress will vote to raise it to the level of $13 trillion.
7. Without a doubt, everyone’s taxes will go up and Obama will explain that it is a necessity.
8. There will be a shake up in the Obama administration at the very top – yes, that would be between VP Joe Biden and the President. I foresee a big disagreement that finally pushes Biden over the edge and he steps down. Michelle Obama would like to replace him, but I see Bill Richardson being chosen.
9. In the 2010 elections, the House will lose 40 seats and the Senate will lose the supermajority and change to 51 Republicans and 40 Democrats. Chris Dodd, Harry Reid and Barbara Boxer will be out. Republican governors will win big as well and even local elections will see an influx of third party candidates winning for state representation.
10. ObamaCare will pass, but it will be a skeleton of itself and the public will realize it is a tax and spend bill and nothing more. The only true reform will come in the way of digitizing records. Otherwise, the federal abortion funding will be out, the public option will be out and the inability to repeal the bill will be out. The unconstitutional individual mandate will remain as well as the pay off earmarks, which will have increased to get liberal Democrats in the House on board.
11. Card Check will pass with the help of increased pressure from all of the unions. This will be the pay off to the unions for backing ObamaCare that will raise taxes on union health insurance.
12. ClimateGate will spread as more scientists are revealed to be providing fraudulent data. Big name universities will be named. At this time, the mainstream media will be forced to cover the story and Crap & Tax will die in the Senate. Global cooling continues.
13. The big push to buy gold will suffer a scandal as counterfeit gold is discovered to have been sold to a large number of people. The value of gold will raise steadily though as the dollar continues to tank because the Treasury will be unable to stop printing money hand over fist.
14. The Tea Party Movement will continue to gain prominence as it organizes and will generate a huge shift in politics in America. Tax Day Tea Party 2010 will have twice the numbers across the country as last year, meaning some two million people will attend events. Glenn Beck’s gathering in August will host 2.5 million people.
15. Kim Jong-il will die this year.
16. Pope Benedict will suffer a major health crisis.
17. A major earthquake will hit the west coast as the Ring of Fire’s activity picks up. I expect to see at least one, if not two, new volcanos to become active this year as well. The earth will be suffering birth pains.
18. Amnesty is going to pass, but not in the form that the left would like. I believe this bill will be bi-partisan (due to McCain and Grahamnesty) because it is watered down. This will not be blanket citizenship and will require criminal invaders to pay fines, back taxes and register to vote. They will not have to return to Mexico and then come back.
19. Israel drop bombs on Iranian nuclear sites. Iran will retaliate with missiles and do damage to Israel, but the Iranian regime will not have support from other Arab states and Russia and China will remain behind the scenes and not helpful. I do not think World War III will erupt at this time because…
20. The Iranian regime will fall. The attack by Israel will embolden the revolutionaries to overthrow their regime and it will be replaced with a Democratic government.
21. A large-scale terrorist attack will take place in America. Several hundred people will be killed and wounded. Barack Obama will follow this up with a strongly worded speech.
22. Jay Leno will leave Prime Time in this utterly failed experiment.
23. Wars in Afghanistan and Iraq will remain much the same even with the surge. Yemen and Pakistan will continue to be hit with drone bombs.
Okay, so I know that makes for a pretty bleak 2010, but keep in mind that we usually end up having several feel good stories that make big news as well but they result from unbelievable circumstances so I cannot even begin to guess what these events will be. Now it is to the fun stuff. These are just comical predictions.
1. Tiger Woods makes a rebound and adds a sponsor for a change: Hooters. He legally changes his name to better facilitate his return to prominence to Lion Gigalo – rather that should by lyin’.
2. Balloon boy is replaced by Hamster Ball Boy as a child gets trapped in his inventor dad’s experimental new exerciser and rolls across a major American city, weaving dangerously through traffic unable to stop.
3. PlastiGirl’s face breaks. The repairs leave poor PlastiGirl with a permanent “Joe Wilson said what?” look.
4. Tom Cruise will die in a Scientology brain meld accident. Katie Holmes cries, “Freedom!”
5. Furlough Fridays spread across the nation as cities face cutbacks and soon branch out into Take Off Thursdays.
6. Barack Obama bows to Castro.
7. Mouse of Senate (Reid) loses his re-election bid and becomes horribly deformed in a mousetrap accident.
8. Northern New York state secedes from the bottom half of New York and New York City in particular to escape the tax code.
9. It is revealed that Rachel Madcow is really a man, but posed as a woman because she/he thought she/he could go farther in the media that way.
10. Barack Obama receives the award for “Most Eloquent Teleprompter Reader, Biggest Equivocator Of The Year.” Obama carries it with him everywhere he goes thinking that it is a positive development, while TOTUS goes on strike for getting no recognition.