From the time that President Barack Obama started his campaign for the presidency, I have maintained that he was not a Christian. This is not because I think that a president has to be a Christian, although that is my preference, but because he claimed that he was a Christian. His twenty years of sitting in a pew at Jeremiah Wright’s Marxist Black Liberation Church was proof enough for me. Now that President Obama has been in office for several months, there have been several other indicators. Again, this is an issue to me because he has maintained that he is a Christian.
To be perfectly honest, I believe there is a darkness in the soul of our leader. Call it Christian intuition. Progressive ideals that lead to Marxist, Facist and Communist governments are unbiblical. I have argued many times with people that socialistic principles are not found in the Bible, although liberals believe that because they distort charity with wealth redistribution. Our President not only supports Marxist ideas, he has pushed them on this country with remarkable speed. That has always been the number one indicator that he is not Christian. But the examples have continued to reveal themselves:
1. Obama proclaimed to the world on Apology Tour I that America is not a Christian nation. Although we have no state-sanctioned religion in America and we have the freedom to believe whatever we want, there is no doubt that this country was built on Judeo-Christian principles. And more specifically, a Christian would never make that claim which I equate to denying Christ.
2. Obama not only supports every form of abortion including partial birth, he did nothing inIllinois to protect babies that were born alive after botched abortions which is an endorsement of infanticide. Not only do I find it hard to believe that a Christian could support any kind of abortion, infanticide is no doubt murder.
3. Obama gave an oration at Georgetown University and requested that all religious symbols be removed or covered and one of those symbols was the name of Jesus Christ – another denial of Christ.
4. Anytime the President needs someone to pray officially in public, he chooses Megachurch leaders who most true believers refer to as false teachers because they teach unBiblical principles.
5. Today is the National Day of Prayer. This is not something that is only recognized by Christians, but by all faiths and is something that President Bush marked with interfaith services. Why would President Obama choose to issue a written proclamation rather than conduct a ceremony which has become tradition? I would personally love to have a President who would pray for the Nation publically. White House Spokesmoron Robert Gibbs was asked about Obama and prayer and had this to say, “Prayer is something that the president does everyday. I think the president understands, in his own life and in his family’s life, the role that prayer plays.” What kind of an answer is that? He “thinks” the President understands how important prayer is in life. Obviously, he has never seen the President pray. President Harry Truman first established the day as a national event in 1952. Reagan signed a resolution in 1988 to observe the National Day of Prayer each year on the first Thursday in May, and each president since has recognized this day with a proclamation. Presidents Reagan and George H.W. Bush also marked the day with White House observances.
The list will continue to go on and I invite commenters to add their own examples. I will observe today by praying for my country and my President, although that has been getting harder to do because I do not believe this man cares what God would have him do.