Community service has always been thought to be a volunteer outlet, but that will no longer be the case if the government succeeds with HR 1388. This bill was introduced today in the house and you need to get on the phones to stop this Marxist move. The bill’s short title is “Generations Invigorating Volunteerism and Education Act” or you might hear it called the GIVE Act. Sounds safe, but you need to read this bill to see what they have tucked inside. I will give you the main points to be aware of:
1. There is language that says, “leverage Federal investments to increase State, local, business, and philanthropic resources to address national and local challenges.” Leverage federal investments?!
2. I have written about President Obama’s Brownshirts and his coming Civilian Force and here it is right in this bill, “It is the sense of Congress that the number of participants in the programs authorized under subtitle C, including the Volunteers in Service to America (VISTA) and the National Civilian Community Corps (NCCC), should grow to reach 250,000 participants by 2014.” Remember he wants this Civilian Corps as well-funded and strong as the military. The language of the bill also has changed the Civilian Community Corps to National Civilian Community Corps.
3. The bill refers to uniforms and “camps.” The wording is then revised from “camps” to “campus.” And the Director of said programs will choose the uniforms. Whenever I have volunteered I just wear what I want. This is sounding way too Communistic to me.
4. The Government is going to require individuals to give 3 years of service which is not volunteer service. The government is going to make us serve. This is not shocking for those of us who listened to Obama during the campaign. Michelle Obama said he would not allow us to go back to the ways we lived. Obama told us that he would tell us where we could set our thermostats at.
5. The bill includes, “expand and strengthen service-learning programs through year-round opportunities, including during the summer months, to improve the education of children and youth and to maximize the benefits of national and community service, in order to renew the ethic of civic responsibility and the spirit of community to children and youth throughout the United States.” Translation: Indoctrinate the children. And this will be a year-round program so the kids are not free during the summer. They must work – workers of the world unite!
The term “encourage” is used throughout the bill, but I do not trust the government on that one. It will eventually be by force if it is required. Call your representatives!