Poor President Obama. He had wanted to make this Recovery Bullcrap of his a bi-partisan effort in passing it, but all the meetings and wining and dining had no effect on the Republicans as they stuck to (or at least appeared to) their principles and voted down the bill unanimously. And even better is the fact that eleven Democrats joined the Republicans in a bi-partisan effort to vote against the stimulus. I promised to post their names and here they are:
1. Bobby Bright – Alabama’s second district
2. Parker Griffith- Alabama’s fifth district
3. Allen Boyd – Florida’s second district – Yeah for Florida!
4. Walt Minnick- Idaho’s first district
5. Brad Ellsworth – Indiana’s eighth district
6. Frank Kratovil – Maryland’s first district
7. Collin Peterson – Minnesota’s seventh district
8. Gene Taylor- Mississippi’s 4th district
9. Heath Shuler- North Carolina’s 11th district
10. Paul Kanjorski – Pennsylvania’s 11th district
11. Jim Cooper- Tennessee’s fifth district
Let’s hear it for the Blue Dogs!