As the presidential campaign comes to an end, I have started reflecting on the different verbages that have been spun in the media and both Obama’s and McCain’s campaigns. Most of the spin has come from the liberals. Here are a few of my favorites with the spun words and then what I interpret the vocabulary to mean:
1. Tax cut – Coming from McCain it really means just that. Coming from Obama it means tax credit which in actuality is welfare for non-tax payers (40% of people).
2. Misleading – Lie or rather liar, liar pants on fire.
3. MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC and CNN – biased liberal media rooting for Obama.
4. Gaffe – not a stupid slip of the tongue, actual truth being spoken inadvertantly.
5. Investment – spending.
6. Shifting stance – flip flop.
7. Voter fraud – cheating.
8. Polls – a way to sway elections and unreliable.
9. Spreading the wealth – Marxism and put more bluntly: stealing
Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Please feel free to add your own observations.